thin pizza crust
1 cooked chicken breasts, shredded or 1/2-3/4 cup
raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
garlic cloves, roasted and mashed
onion, halved and sliced
1/2 tablespoon sugar substitute or 1/2 tablespoon
Tomato, seeded, halved and sliced
mozzarella cheese, shredded
parmesan cheese, shredded
( or grated)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Melt 1 tbs butter over med-high heat until it starts to foam.
- Sautee mushrooms 5-7 minutes or until softened. Remove and set aside.
- Add reminaing 1 tbs of butter and onion to pan and stir. Cover and let cook about 5 minutes until onions soften.
- Remove lid and let cook 15-20 minutes or until nicely browned and caramelized, stirring midway. Pour balsamic vinegar and sprinkle sugar over onions and stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, spread roasted garlic over crust.
- Spread pesto over crust.
- Top with chicken or shrimp, onions, mushrooms, tomato and cheeses.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until crust is brown and cheese is melted and bubbly and slightly browned.