packed kale, center ribs and stems removed, leaves coarsely chopped
( from about 1 1/2 pounds)
olive oil, divided
sweet smoked paprika
( or hot)
dry crushed red pepper
- Cook kale in large pot of boiling salted water until wilted, about 5 minutes. Transfer to colander; drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika and crushed red pepper; sprinkle with salt.
- Add kale and sauté until heated through, about 4 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and more smoked paprika, if desired.
- Transfer to serving bowl; drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and serve.