1 (18 inch)
baguette, cut into 1-inch slices
white chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 1/2 cups
unsalted butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- In large mixing bowl, toss together baguette slices, white chocolate, and dried cherries. Set aside.
- In second large mixing bowl, stir together sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Measure out 1/4 cup of mixture into small bowl and set aside.
- In third large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, milk, and vanilla.
- Whisk egg mixture into larger bowl of sugar mixture, then pour over bread-chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into 9- by 13- by 2-inch baking pan and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup sugar mixture.
- Scatter butter cubes over top and bake until golden brown and just set in middle, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread cherry jelly evenly over top. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Cook's note: Bread pudding can be baked 1 day ahead, chilled, and reheated in 350°F oven until heated through, about 20 minutes.