unsalted butter, softened
packed light brown sugar
pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups
48 red M&M's plain chocolate candy or 48
maraschino cherries, halved
miniature semisweet chocolate chips
thin pretzel, broken into 96 1-inch pieces
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and place rack in center.
- Grease two baking sheets.
- In large mixer bowl, beat together butter, peanut butter, and sugars on medium speed until light, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla extract; beat until combined.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt until a dough forms.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake, one sheet at a time, until just set and bottoms are golden, 8-10 minutes.
- For each cookie, immediately place 1 red M&M or cherry half in center for nose, 2 chocolate chips for eyes, and 2 pretzel pieces on top of cookie for antlers.
- Transfer cookies on sheets to a wire rack and let cool completely.