of cold steamed jasmine rice
3 tablespoons peanut oil or 3 tablespoons
onion, finely chopped
fresh red chili pepper, seeded and sliced
fresh green chile
( I use serrano)
1 -2 tablespoon
Thai red curry paste
( I use Thai Kitchen brand)
1 -1 1/2 teaspoon
1 pork chops or 1
chicken breast, finely diced
garlic cloves, crushed
raw shrimp, shelled and de-veined
( chopped if large)
eggs, beaten with
( I use Kikkoman brand)
2 -3 tablespoons
of thai-style fish sauce
( for the saltiness, I usually go easy and then let people add more themselves)
( to taste)
chopped green onion, including tops
according to your taste chopped fresh cilantro (coriander) or
chopped fresh basil
( to garnish)
- Be sure rice is completely cool, better cold!
- Heat oil in wok over medium heat and stir-fry onions and chilies until soft.
- Add the the red curry paste along with the curry powder to the pan and fry until the oil separates from the mixture.
- Along with the garlic, add pork or chicken and fry until cooked.
- Add shrimp and cook until they turn pink.
- Add rice and toss thoroughly until coated with curry mixture and heated through.
- If your wok is large enough, push rice to side and pour eggs into center. Cook and stir until eggs just start to set, then mix with rice, tossing on high until eggs are cooked. (Cook eggs in small fry pan until they just start to set if wok is not large enough, then add to rice.).
- Sprinkle pepper and fish sauce evenly over top and lightly toss, remove from heat.
- Now lightly toss the chopped green onions into the rice.
- Have the fresh chopped coriander and basil available for personal preferences, along with fish sauce, soy sauce, and Thai-style chili sauce!