1 (10 ounce) cans
Rotel Tomatoes, mild
long grain rice, uncooked
1 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans or 1 (15 ounce) cans
navy beans, drained and rinsed
chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
garlic pepper seasoning
garlic cloves, minced
- In a medium saucepan, combine chicken stock, tomatoes with juice, rice, and cumin.
- Simmer until rice is done, about 15 minutes.
- Add the beans, stir until warmed through, then keep warm on low heat.
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat.
- Saute onion until nearly translucent.
- Season chicken with garlic pepper and add to onion in skillet.
- Fry until chicken is browned on all sides and juices run clear.
- Add minced garlic and sautee an additional 20-30 seconds, then remove from heat.
- Spoon rice onto plate and top with chicken. Serve immediately.