1 1/2 lbs
1 (18 ounce) cans
1 (16 ounce) bags
california-blend frozen vegetables
russet potatoes, washed, peeled, cut into one inch cubes
Tabasco sauce, to taste
water, to cover meat
extra virgin olive oil
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
- Season beef with salt and pepper.
- In a pressure cooker, brown stew beef in olive oil for about 5 minutes or until all sides of beef are browned (high heat).
- Cover beef with enough water to be submerged- but not too full.
- Place lid on pressure cooker and cook for 20 minutes on high heat. ~The bobber/steam release should go wild!
- Lower heat and give pressure cooker a swirl- to release any pieces that may be stuck to the bottom and cook for an additional 30 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Take cooker off of flame and let cool (follow your cooker's instructions- mine says to place under running water until bobber recedes.).
- Open lid and stir with wooden spoon.
- Add frozen veggies, tomatoes, potatoes to pot. Re-cover and cook on medium heat for 25 minutes.
- Cool off cooker- again- open lid and add handful of macaroni. At this point, you may either replace lid and cook for additional 5 minutes, or keep lid off and cook pasta to al-dente. You choose.
- Season with more salt and pepper and add tabasco to liking.