light brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice or 2 teaspoons
lemon, zest of
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer.
- Scrape sides of the bowl.
- Add lemon juice, zest and flour and mix thoroughly on low speed.
- Shape level tablespoons of dough into logs on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until cookie spreads and is very light brown in color.
- Cookies may be dipped in soft lemon frosting or melted chocolate on one end.
- Chill to set chocolate or frosting.