garlic cloves, minced
1 (28 ounce) cans
peeled and diced tomatoes
dried dill weed
( Better Than Bouillon)
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring until tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes, water, chicken base, and season with dill weed, pepper, bay leaf and optional salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer gently for 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and discard bay leaf.
- Use a food processor or hand blender to puree the soup in small batches until smooth.
- Serve immediately with a dollop of sour cream.
- You could chill it and serve it cold, but I have never had any leftovers to try it this way!