garlic clove, minced
3 1/2 cups
3 3/4 cups
parmesan cheese, shredded
basil leaves, torn
fresh basil, for garnish
- Heat oil and add onion, celery, carrot and garlic. Cover pan and cook over low heat for 40 minutes, or until veggies are soft. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Add peas and stock to the pan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add basil and seasoning. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Use a food processor or immersion blender to blend until smooth.
- Return soup to pan and reheat gently until ready to serve.
- Garnish with cheese and basil.