ripe bananas, peeled, each cut into 4 pieces
thin slices light mixed grain bread
vegetable oil cooking spray
pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place 4 pieces of banana on each of 4 bread slices; mash banana on bread.
- Top with remaining 4 bread slices.
- Whisk milk, eggs, vanilla extract and cinnamon in glass pie dish.
- Working in batches, dip bread in egg mixture; let soak 45 seconds on each side.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with vegetable oil spray.
- Heat over medium heat.
- Working in batches, add French toast to skillet and cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to baking sheet; bake 8 minutes Put on plates.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Garnish with strawberries.
- Serve with maple syrup, if desired.