firm tofu, drained and pressed
garlic clove, minced
nutritional yeast flakes
fresh basil leaves, chopped fine
fresh black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, mush the tofu up with your hands, till it's crumbly.
- Add lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper and basil.
- Mush with hands again, this time you want it to get very mushy so squeeze through your fingers and mush until it reaches the consistency of ricotta cheese. May take 2-5 minutes.
- Add olive oil, stir with fork (olive oil is sticky).
- Add nutritional yeast and combine all ingredients well.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.