extra virgin olive oil
celery ribs, diced
plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
capers, drained and minced
flat leaf parsley, chopped
cod, fresh, cut into chunks
fine sea salt
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and celery and cook until soft.
- Stir in the tomatoes, capers, bay leaf, and parsley and simmer, covered, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the cod, cover, and cook over low heat for about 8 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Add salt to taste and serve.
- Variation: The fish can also be served as a sauce over spaghetti.