black cod steaks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (if you're going to bake the steaks).
- Mix together the melted butter, marinade, garlic, and a few dashes of pepper.
- Pour the mixture over cod steaks in a shallow glass dish, and let marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- To bake: bake in a casserole or baking dish in the marinade at 350 for about 20-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
- To grill: cook on a grill pan on your stove, turning carefully once, until fish flakes easily, about 15 to 20 minutes, brushing occasionally with marinade. I've also done it using a Foreman grill, brushing occasionally with marinade, until it flaked easily; it can take anywhere between 10-15 minutes, depending on your Foreman.
- Serve with steamed white rice, a little of the juices poured over.