cream of tartar
12 ounces chocolate chips or 12 ounces
white chocolate chips
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites, salt and cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar.
- Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold in morsels 1/2 cup at a time.
- Drop by level T. onto greased baking sheets.
- Sprinkle lightly with sugar if desired.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until merinques are dry and crisp.
- cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in airtight containers.