active dry yeast
( 2 packets)
- This recipe can be halved to make one loaf.
- Combine yeast and warm water in a small bowl without stirring, set aside.
- Sir together hot water, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl until dissolved. Add first 3 cups of flour and mix.
- Pour oil and yeast into bowl. Add remaining 3 cups of flour and mix well. Cover the bowl with towel and set aside to rise for at least 45 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide the dough into half. Shape into loaf and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Cover the dough with a towel and set aside to rise again for at least 45 minutes.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 23 minutes.