1 -2 medium
tomato, cut into cubes
1 medium onions or 6
green onions, finely chopped
cucumber, peeled and cut into cubes
green pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
parsley, finely chopped
1 cup fresh mint, Finely Chopped or 1 teaspoon
garlic cloves, minced
- Put the quinoa in a wire strainer and thoroughly rinse with hot water to remove any bitter flavor.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water and quinoa to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Stir the tomatoes, onion, cucumber and parsley into the quinoa.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, oil, garlic and salt.
- Pour over the quinoa and toss well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.