boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup mayonnaise or 1/4 cup
cayenne pepper, to taste
garlic cloves, minced
minced green onion, both white and green part
( green onion = scallion)
fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pound/flatten chicken breasts until about 1/4 inch thick - and here's an easy way to pound a chicken breast: put it in a Ziplock bag first, then flatten with the mallet or whatever you're using. It keeps splatters at a minimum. (Flattening the breasts makes them even more tender!).
- Combine mustard, mayonnaise, honey, cayenne pepper, garlic, green onion, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Set half of mixture aside to be used as dipping sauce.
- Coat chicken completely in remaining mustard mixture, and then dredge in pretzel crumbs.
- Place coated chicken on baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Dawn/NYS posted this recipe to Gail's Recipe Swap.