extra virgin olive oil
fresh ground pepper
- Clean trout and remove heads.
- Preheat grill to searing temperature around 400 degrees.
- Coat outside of trout with oil.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on inside of trout.
- Add lemon juice to trout if desired.
- Reduce grill heat to medium or 250 degrees and place trout on grill.
- Trout cook quickly and should be flipped when grill side has just become white.
- Trout are finished when all meat is white and flaky (don't over cook).
- Serve trout immediately.