500 g peeled cooked prawns or 500 g
200 g good quality mayonnaise or 200 g
Tabasco sauce, to taste
salt and pepper
assorted mixed salad green, such as lambs lettuce, mesclun, little gem lettuces
pink peppercorns, crushed
cayenne pepper, for sprinkling
- Calculate how many "shots" you are making, and reserve one prawn (preferably with tail on) for decoration.
- Mix the mayonnaise, ketchup, lemon juice and Tabasco in a bowl, season to taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Take your shot glasses, or small water glasses and line with some mixed salad leaves or lettuce.
- Place about 5 prawns on top of the leaves/lettuce. The amount of prawns depends on what size they are.
- Spoon over your seafood sauce and lightly mix through the prawns.
- Sprinkle with the crushed pink peppercorns and cayenne pepper, and garnish with a prawn over the edge of the glass.
- A lemon wedge can be added as well - but I find it is fiddly to deal with whilst slurping cocktails, and the sauce should be lemony enough!