1 1/4 lbs
lean ground turkey breast
roasted red pepper, chopped and divided
part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
fresh ground black pepper
- Divide turkey into four equal portions, then divide each of the four portions again, resulting in 8 total.
- Shape each of the 8 into patties.
- Sprinkle 4 of the patties with 2 tbs each of the red pepper and the cheese, then top with remaining patties, working the turkey around at the edges to seal.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Grill or broil until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Serving suggestions: serve on crusty bun with garlic aioli or spinach pesto -- mmmmm.