1 (30 ounce) bags
frozen hash browns
( cubed or shredded)
1 (8 ounce) cans
cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup butter or 3/4 cup
2 -3 cups
( jack and mild cheddar mix is best)
chopped brown onion
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Melt butter or margarine and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine frozen hash browns, onion, soup, milk, sour cream, cheese, salt and pepper. Pour in 1/2 cup of the melted butter to potato mix, set reserve aside.
- Mix well and transfer to a casserole dish.
- In a separate mixing bowl pour in cornflakes, drizzle remaining butter over cornflakes and continue to mix well until most pieces are lightly coated (cereal will be shiny but not soggy).
- Cover all potatoes with cereal. Cover and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking for about 30 minutes. Serve & enjoy!
- (If you are making this ahead of time, cover cooked potatoes and keep warm, uncover and put back in the oven at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes before serving, this will make the topping crispy).