boneless skinless chicken breast halves
grated parmesan cheese
fresh ground pepper
( I use Recipe #92096)
shredded mozzarella cheese
( for frying)
- Add the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper to a Ziplock bag and shake to mix well.
- Pour into a low flat bowl or onto some waxed paper.
- Drop each chicken breast into the beaten egg and dredge in the breadcrumb, Parmesan cheese and herb mixture.
- Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat in a pan.
- Add the breaded chicken breasts, two at a time so as not to over-crowd the pan.
- Cook on medium high heat for about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove breasts to a paper towel-lined plate and fry the other two chicken breasts.
- Place the cooked chicken breasts on a baking dish and cover each breast with 1/4 cup tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over each one.
- Place in a 400-degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes or long enough to melt the cheese and get the tomato sauce nice and hot.
- I add the hoagie rolls to the oven when there is about 5 minutes left to get them nice and toasty and crusty.
- Slice the hoagie rolls, add the chicken Parmesan breast and top with sliced jalapenos, if desired.