chorizo sausage, finely chopped
celery ribs, finely chopped
red onion, finely chopped
( sweet or hot, your preference)
garlic cloves, finely minced
ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
2 (5 ounce) cans
( or 10 oz frozen)
fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Add sausage, celery, bay leaves, onion and paprika.
- Saute, stirring, over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, and corn and cook over high heat for 5 minutes or until the tomatoes are pulpy and the mixture is thick.
- Remove pan from heat, stir in cilantro and sugar and season to taste.
- Serve hot.