Contadina tomato sauce
Contadina diced tomatoes
Contadina tomato paste
green pepper, chopped
red pepper flakes
1 1/2 cups
romano cheese, grated
cheddar cheese, grated
- Begin by making the marinara sauce.
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is transparent. Put in large stock pot.
- Sauté mushrooms and green peppers until soft. Add to pot.
- Brown Italian sausage and add to pot.
- Add tomato products and spices to pot.
- Allow sauce to simmer for 30 minutes while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Cook elbow noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- Make cream sauce by melting butter in a saucepan.
- Add flour and mix to form a roux.
- Add milk and whisk until blended.
- Cook on medium heat until sauce begins to thicken.
- Add grated Romano and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and slowly add beaten eggs, stirring until blended.
- Combine 1/3 cream sauce with 4 oz cheddar cheese and noodles.
- Grease 11x14 pan and put 1/2 noodle mixture on the bottom.
- Spread sauce over noodles.
- Spread remaining noodled evenly over top.
- Pour remaining cream sauce over all.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake 40 minutes at 350°F.