6 whole green cardamom pods or 6
white cardamom pods
whole black peppercorn
ground cloves, a pinch
black assam tea leaves
( to taste)
- With the side of a cleaver or chef’s knife, gently crush the whole spices, then add them to a small saucepan, along with ginger, cloves, tea leaves, and sugar.
- Add in 1 cup water and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cover pan and remove from heat; steep for 3 minutes.
- Return pan to low heat and add in milk.
- Bring to just a simmer, then pour through a fine-mesh sieve into 2 warmed teacups or small mugs.
- Serve immediately.