yellow onion, sliced
black pepper, to taste
crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
2 (16 ounce) packages
bratwursts, white colored ones work best
2 (12 ounce) cans
light sour cream
- Heat oil and garlic in a large saucepan. Add onion, black pepper, and red pepper to pan. Saute until soft and golden.
- Add bratwurst to pan and brown. Remove bratwurst from pan.
- Add flour to pan & stir to absorb oil.
- Slowly add beer to pan & stir well. Return bratwurst to pan. Cover and simmer 30 min, stirring occasionally.
- Slowy stir in sour cream. Make sure to gradually add sour cream so that it does not curdle.
- Heat through.
- Serve over hot buttered noodles.