2 (20 ounce) cans
pineapple slices, packed in juice
packed dark brown sugar
whole grain mustard
spiral-sliced bone-in half ham
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup juice. Whisk juice, brown sugar, and mustards in bowl.
- Remove ham from packaging and discard plastic disk that covers bone.
- Line 13 by 9-inch baking dish with two 24-inch-long pieces of foil.
- Place ham cut side down in lined baking dish and brush liberally with glaze.
- Using toothpicks, attach pineapple rings all over top and sides of ham. (Do not press toothpicks all the way into ham.)
- Brush with more glaze and wrap tightly in foil.
- Let stand at room temperature for 1 1/2 hours.
- Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Bake ham until center registers about 100 degrees on instant-read thermometer, 2 to 3 hours, depending on weight of ham (17 minutes per pound).
- Remove ham from oven and roll back foil to expose ham.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- Brush ham liberally with more glaze and return to oven until glaze becomes golden brown and sticky, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven, brush entire ham again with glaze, loosely cover with foil, and let rest for 30 to 40 minutes before carving, basting ham with juices once or twice.