1 (226.79 g) container
2 (56.69 g) bottle
red food coloring
1 (453.59 g) container
cream cheese frosting
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beating at low speed just until blended, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in vanilla; stir in red food coloring.
- Use batter immediately, following baking directions for desired cake.
- Bake at 325° in 1 (12-cup) tube pan for 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes. Bake at 325° in 3 (8- x 4-inch) loaf pans for 55 to 65 minutes. Bake at 325° in baby Bundt pans for 25 to 30 minutes. Bake at 350° in muffin pans 23 to 28 minutes.
- Spray pans with vegetable cooking spray with flour.
- Once cake is done and cooled, melt frosting slightly in microwave.
- Pour frosting onto cake allowing it to pool around the bottom of the cake.
- Decorate top of cake with chopped walnuts.