( cubed into about 1-inch cubes, can use white or whole wheat or both)
cubed cooked ham
shredded cheddar cheese
( can use a little more)
1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream or 1 1/2 cups
( can use white salt)
green onions, chopped
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Spread the bread cubes into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with ham and shredded cheddar cheese.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs with baking powder, half and half cream, seasoned salt, dry mustard powder, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne (if using).
- Mix in green onions.
- Pour over the bread cubes in the pan.
- Cover and chill for at least 6-8 hours.
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake uncovered for 50-50 minutes. (This cannot be correct.).
- Allow to stand for about 5-7 minutes before slicing.