white loaf bread
1 1/3 cups
( hot or mild)
1 (30 ounce) packages
country style frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
shredded sharp cheddar cheese
fresh ground pepper
- Place thawed hashbrown potatoes between several layers of paper towels and press to absord excess water.
- Lightly spray 9x13 glass casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Cube bread in 1/2" cubes and place in even layer in bottom of casserole.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese over bread layer.
- Beat eggs, evaporated milk and milk together, set aside.
- Brown sausage in large deep skillet,crumbling with edge of spatula. Drain fat.
- Place hashbrown potatoes in skillet and stir to mix with sausage until all is warm.
- Spread sausage and hashbrown potato mixture over bread and cheese layer.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 c cheddar cheese.
- Pour egg and milk mixture evenly over entire casserole.
- Cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.