1 1/4 cups
mint chocolate chips
confectioners' sugar, sifted
peppermint patties, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9" x 13" x 2" pan.
- Using an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla, mixing well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa and baking powder.
- Gradually stir into the butter mixture.
- Fold in the mint chips.
- Spoon into the greased pan and bake for 35 minutes.
- While the brownies are baking, prepare the frosting.
- Combine the butter, cocoa, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and milk in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Beat at high speed until of spreading consistency.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the brownies to cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Spread with the chocolate frosting.
- Top with the chopped mint patties.