onion, finely chopped
carrot, finely chopped
garlic clove, minced
( I prefer Sam Adams larger)
( or canned 15 oz.)
( or 1 cup skim milk and)
shredded cheddar cheese
44.37 ml flour or 44.37 ml
- Melt the butter in a large soup pot. Add carrot, onion, garlic and saute.
- untill tender.
- Add beer, chicken broth and worcestershire sauce, bring to a boil and cook.
- for a couple of minutes.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the half and half and the cheese to the soup, simmer uncovered until the cheese melts.
- Mix the flour (or cornstarch) and water together, add to the soup stirring constantly until the soup is thickened (a few minutes).
- Sounds a bit strange, but this is great topped with popped popcorn.
- Broccoli may be substituted for the carrot.