7 -8 ounces cooked turkey or 7 ounces
chicken, roughly chopped
6 -8 ounces
cubed leftover roasted potatoes
( or cooked0)
1 cup leftover prepared stuffing or 1 cup
( chopped if needed)
1/2 cup turkey stock (maybe more) or 1/2 cup
( maybe more)
fresh ground black pepper
premade puff pastry
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix together the turkey, potatoes, stuffing and vegetables, season to taste with the black pepper.
- Add the stock to the mixture, it should be moist and not too wet.
- Unroll the pastry and roll out further so you can cut out 4 large circles, use a side plate as a guide.
- Place the circles onto a baking sheet, spoon the filling into the middle of each circle.
- Brush the edges with the beaten egg, then bring them up to the middle and pinch the ends to seal.
- Brush the pasties with the rest of the egg and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- NOTE: Vegetables I have used so far with success are carrots, brussels sprouts, peas and cabbage. And I also added grated cheese.