( equals 5 tablespoons, at room temperature)
1 (3 ounce) packages
( at room temperature)
crunchy peanut butter
( slightly beaten)
( firmly packed)
dark corn syrup
- Pastry directions:.
- Combine softened butter and cream cheese and cut-in flour for pastry. Knead dough slightly and shape into a ball.
- Refrigerate dough for 2-3 hours until well chilled, for easier handling. Or stick the dough in the freezer to cut down on the chill time!
- Divide well chilled dough into 24 small balls and press into mini muffin pans or tart shells.
- Filling directions:.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees or to 350 degrees for dark pans.
- Blend peanut butter and beaten egg ~ combine with all other ingredients.
- Pour into pastry-lined pans, filling about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 375 degrees, or 350 degrees if pan is dark, for about 16-18 minutes, until filling is set and pastry is nicely browned.
- When cool sprinkle filling with confectioner’s sugar.
- Makes 24 tarts.