active dry yeast
( 1 package is approximately 2 1/4 teaspoons)
( 105-115 degrees)
2 1/2 cups
( stir to remove any lumps)
1 (8 ounce) cans
parmesan cheese, grated
( equals 1/4 cup)
( equals 1 cup)
mozzarella cheese, shredded
( equals 2 cups)
- Dough directions:.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (400 degrees if using Pyrex pizza pans).
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in remaining dough ingredients: beat vigorously, about 20 strokes.
- Allow dough to rest about 5 minutes while preparing sauce.
- Mix sauce ingredients; set aside.
- Divide dough in half. On lightly greased baking pans, pat/press each half into 12 inch circles. Use floured finger tips when pressing dough into circles.
- Spread sauce on each circle. Arrange pepperoni on top and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until crust is brown and topping is hot and bubbly. Makes 2 pizzas.
- To freeze and bake later: double wrap and freeze assembled pizza (without baking) on the pizza pan ~ bake frozen pizza at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.