1 1/2 cups
( 1/2-1/3 lb. raw)
eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine 1 cup of the sugar and 1/2 cup water. Cook over medium heat.
- Once sugar has dissolved, swirl the pan and cook until it is a deep caramel color.
- Quickly divide the caramel among 6 ramekins or dessert cups. Cool.
- Combine milk, pumpkin, remaining sugar, eggs, vanilla, and spices.
- Pour into dessert cups and place in a baking pan, cover each with foil.
- Pour hot water into the pan so water is halfway up the cups.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from the baking pan and let cool.
- Chill 2 to 24 hours.
- Run a knife around the sides; invert onto plates.