1/4 cup walnuts or 1/4 cup
candied citrus peel
( orange and lemon)
1 (18 ounce) boxes
chocolate cake mix
- Finely chop walnuts, almonds, raisins, orange and lemon peel, cherries, and ginger.
- Melt butter in a saucepan, then add sugar and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil and let it boil for 1 minute without stirring (until just turning light golden).
- Remove from heat and mix well with cream and fruit-nut mixture.
- Mix cake mix with two eggs and oil.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Scoop a heaping spoonful of dough onto cookies sheet lined with foil.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 - 12 minutes.