( 1/2 shortening okay)
1 (283.49 g) package
andes mint chocolate chips
- Sift flour, soda, and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar well.
- Add eggs, water, and vanilla.
- Blend in dry ingredients gradually; mix thoroughly.
- Shape dough into rolls 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Wrap in wax paper. Chill at least four hours.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate and cut into small, round wafers (the shape isn't so important -- just enough to fill the center of the cookie).
- Cut dough in slices 1/8" thick. Place on cookie sheet. Top one slice of dough with chocolate wafer. Cover with second slice and seal edges.
- Top with walnut half.
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.