( about two pound each)
romaine lettuce hearts
frisee, tender white leaves
celery root, peeled and cut into thin julienne
minced garlic cloves
( 2 teaspoons)
anchovy fillets, rinsed and minced
( about 1 teaspoon)
fresh lemon juice
extra virgin olive oil
parmesan cheese, freshly grated
salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
garlic cloves, crushed
bread cubes, 1/4-inch square cut with crusts removed
fresh parsley, finely minced
lemon zest, freshly grated
parmesan cheese, freshly shaved
caviar, rinsed to plump and remove excess salt
( Salmon Caviar)
- In the fridgerator, chill 4 nice dinner plates.
- CAESAR DRESSING: Whisk first 6 ingredients together until combined. Whisk in olive oil to form a smooth dressing. Stir in cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper. (Yields approximately 1 cup).
- GARLIC CROUTONS: Add oil and garlic to a saute pan and saute garlic over moderate heat so that it slowly browns (approximately 5 minutes). Be careful garlic doesn't burn or it will become bitter. Remove garlic and discard.
- Raise heat and saute bread cubes in a single layer until golden brown and crisp on all sides. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Toss with parsley and lemon zest while still warm. Store in an air tight container if not using immediately.
- ASSEMBLY: Carefully remove lobster meat from shell, reserving heads and tail for plate garnish if desired. Set meat aside.
- Cut and arrange romaine hearts and frisee attractively on chilled plates. Lightly toss celery root with half the dressing and arrange on top of lettuces.
- Slice lobster tails into medallions and place on top of celery root. Place a shelled claw portion on top of this.
- Drizzle remaining dressing on lettuces and scatter croutons and shaved Parmesan over top. Garnish with salmon caviar, and chervil Serve immediately.