boneless skinless chicken breast halves
onion, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon
garlic cloves, minced
dried parsley flakes
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness.
- In a skillet, brown chicken on both sides in butter and oil; remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute onion until tender.
- Add basil, garlic, salt and pepper; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in broth, cream, parsley and tomatoes. Return chicken to pan.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain.
- Arrange chicken over fettuccine; top with sauce.
- Yield: 6 servings.