boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
red bell pepper, seeded & cut into 1-inch pieces
2 1/2 cups fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed (9 oz.) or 2 1/2 cups
frozen sugar snap peas
( 9 oz.)
1 (8 ounce) cans
sliced water chestnuts, drained
bottled sweet and sour sauce
( stir-fry sauce)
- Put cornstarch in a plastic food bag. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in wok or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add chicken and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until golden brown on all sides.
- Remove to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Add bell pepper, snap peas and water chestnuts to drippings in skillet.
- Stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Pour in stir-fry sauce and return chicken to skillet.
- Stir to coat chicken and vegetables. Garnish with scallions. Serves 4.