onion, peeled, cut in crescents
apple, cut into crescents
dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 175 Celcius.
- Trim the sprouts, remove dead leaves, cut in half.
- Toss sprouts with olive oil (about 1 T).
- Roast in oven for about 25 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, saute the bacon til crisp.
- Keep 1 T of bacon grease, discard the rest.
- Add the mustard seeds to med-high pan until they start to pop.
- Add the onions and apples, lower the heat to medium and sauté. Stir occasionally. (5-6 minutes).
- Add the sugar, wine and vinegar. On med-high heat, reduce liquid to syrup.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the mustard.
- Add the bacon.
- Add the sprouts.
- Stir together.
- Add salt to taste. (May not be necessary depending on the bacon.