extra virgin olive oil
bone-in skinless chicken thighs
chopped shallot, no substitute
balsamic vinegar, - 10 year old
- Heat a large frying pan on medium high heat and add olive oil.
- Rinse thighs with cold water and pat dry with paper towelling.
- Season thighs with salt and pepper.
- Brown chicken thighs well on all sides, about 3 minutes.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium and cook for approximately 25 minutes or until thights are almost cooked through, depending on size, turning once during cooking.
- Add shallots, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until they soften.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar and cook for 1 minute longer. Turn chicken to coat thoroughly.
- Serve chicken thighs with cooked rice and spoon sauce over thighs.
- NOTE: Although 10 year old Balsamic Vinegar is best, 6 year old also gives you a very good tasting chicken.