elbow macaroni, uncooked
3 -4 tablespoons
red wine vinegar
1 -2 teaspoon
fresh ground black pepper
celery ribs, finely sliced
scallions, finely minced
pimento stuffed olives, drained and halved
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water; set aside.
- While macaroni cooks, prepare dressing in serving bowl. Combine mayonnaise, mustard, and red wine vinegar, mixing well.
- Add 1/2 of the salt and add the pepper. Taste, and adjust amounts of salt and vinegar if desired.
- Chop celery and scallions, and halve olives.
- Add cooked, drained and cooled macaroni to dressing in serving bowl, and mix well. Add celery, scallions and olives and combine further.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill for several hours before serving.