2 (15 ounce) cans
cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
( 15-20 cloves)
carrots, peeled and chopped
yellow onions, chopped
1 (14 ounce) cans
1 cup vegetable stock or 1 cup
( or to taste)
fresh ground black pepper
- Break the garlic bulb into cloves and peel off the skin, leaving cloves whole.
- If some of the cloves are very large, you may cut them in half lengthwise.
- Spray a large, non-stick pan lightly with olive oil.
- Add the onion and sauté until it turns a rich, medium-brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, carrots ans celery and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, bay leaves, and vegetable broth.
- Cover the pot and simmer for about an hour, adding water if it gets too thick.
- Stir in the salt and pepper.
- If you're serving the stew right away, add all the parsley and the lemon juice.
- If you're serving it later or at room temperature, add the parsley and lemon juice right before serving.