extra virgin olive oil
vidalia onion, chopped
red bell pepper, sliced
chicken breasts, sliced in 1/2 strips
garlic clove, minced
lemon, juice of
parmesan cheese, grated
14 fluid ounces
Gnocchi (or 1 pound prepared gnocchi cooked per package directions)
- WASH potatoes and place in water. Cook potatoes until soft (cook time will depend on size of potatoes). Remove potatoes from water and cool in refrigerator.
- PEEL cooled potatoes and push them through a fine grater (rice grater) until mashed; do not over-mash potatoes or they will get tough.
- COMBINE potatoes, flour and eggs in a mixing bowl. Mix well until dough does not stick to hands (add small amounts of flour at a time if needed).
- DIVIDE dough into 4 sections. Roll out each section into a long rope. Cut each rope into ½” pieces. Push fork tines on each piece for the classic gnocchi appearance.
- BRING water to a boil in a sauce pot. Drop in gnocchi and cook until they float.
- Chicken & Sauce.
- COMBINE garlic, lemon juice, rosemary and chicken slices in a mixing bowl. Let marinate for at least 2 hours.
- COMBINE Parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese and heavy cream in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- HEAT sauté pan on medium high. Add extra virgin olive oil, onions, bell peppers, and zucchini. Saute until onions are translucent (do not brown).
- ADD marinated chicken slices and cook until slices are brown on all sides and internal temperature is 165°F Reduce heat and add sauce mixture. Bring to a simmer.
- DRAIN cooked gnocchi and add to pan with chicken, vegetables and sauce. Stir to coat gnocchi with sauce.
- SERVE gnocchi topped with extra Parmesan cheese.