2 1/2 lbs
chicken, cut into 1 inch cubes
white onion, chopped
garlic cloves, minced
ground red chili powder
( white hominy, aka posole or pozole)
- Brown chicken in oil in a pot.
- Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Heat the pot to medium and add onion and garlic and sauté till the onion softens.
- Add chicken, chicken broth, oregano, salt and chili powder to pot.
- Reduce heat to low cover and cook for 90 minutes.
- Add hominy cook 15 more minutes.
- This is the time to check the seasonings and adjust to taste.
- Ladle into soup bowls garnish with onion, cilantro,lime, cheese (get creative).
- Warm tortillas on the side always please the belly.