( can use regular size pretzels)
6 -7 ounces
- Cover a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- In a double broiler set over simmering water, melt the semisweet chocolate with 2 teaspoons shortening, stirring gently constantly; remove from heat.
- Using tongs dip each pretzel in chocolate allowing excess to drip off.
- Place onto waxed paper (if the chocolate in the pot begins to harden then reheat slightly).
- If you are sprinkling any toppings on do it right after dipping into the chocolate so it will stick.
- Place the coated pretzels in the refrigerator to harden.
- After the pretzels have hardened place the white chocolate in a double boiler and melt over simmering water (or you could melted in the microwave).
- Drizzle the white chocolate in small strands over each pretzel.
- Return to waxed paper and refrigerate.