lightly salted popped popcorn
light brown sugar, firmly packed
sweet unsalted butter
( USE REAL BUTTER)
light corn syrup
dipping milk chocolate
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Place the popped corn in the largest baking pan you have (might have to do it in 2 batches if you only have a 9x13). You need to be able to stir the popcorn!
- Melt butter in a very large saucepan (see step 6).
- Add brown sugar and corn syrup. Stirring CONSTANTLY, bring to a boil and boil 5 minute.
- Add peanuts (if desired).
- Add soda (will foam up, so be ready).
- Pour caramel over popcorn and mix well.
- Bake popcorn one hour, stirring every 10-15 minute.
- Remove from oven and cool completely. You'll have to stir it every once in a while so it doesn't stick together.
- Spray a cookie sheet with oil or cover with parchment paper.
- Melt half of chocolate per package directions (you can melt more when you need it).
- Dip popcorn pieces in chocolate and place chocolate-covered popcorn pieces individually on the cookie sheet so they can set up.
- Popcorn can be stored at room temp or in the refrigerator. Just keep cool so it doesn't melt.